Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion
Advanced Fellowship in Health Services Research - Philadelphia
Expected Start Date
CHERP's Advanced Fellowship in Health Services Research in Philadelphia is designed for post-doctoral investigators and physicians who have some research experience and would like to pursue a career with the VA. The focus areas at this CHERP fellowship site are health equity and behavioral economics.
This is a training program for academic research in issues of importance to Veterans and to VA. If you are selected as a finalist for the fellowship, you will interview with CHERP senior investigators and be invited to make a presentation of your work and your research objectives for the fellowship to a group of current fellows and investigators. CHERP values collaboration and mentorship, and applicants will be assessed by their potential to contribute to currently funded CHERP research projects, apply successfully for their own pilot projects, write and publish articles about research results and initiatives, and respond to their mentors' guidance for their own career.
Two-year Advanced Post-Doctoral Fellowship in health services research, mentored by CHERP Core Investigators. CHERP is a VA HSR&D Center of Innovation dedicated to advancing equitable health care for vulnerable populations.
- Collaborate with dedicated mentors at the University of Pennsylvania and Michael J. Crescenz VA Medical Center (Philadelphia) on research opportunities and career development.
- Undertake independent research projects without teaching or service requirements.
- Annual stipend and health insurance.
- Opportunity to apply for a third-year of training if fellow has been productive and progressing toward application for an HSR&D Career Development award.
- US Citizen
- PhD, MD or other relevant doctoral degree (conferred before start of fellowship)
- Demonstrated experience in health services research
- Interest in health equity and health disparities among vulnerable populations
- Interest in VA health services research
The training program is supported by the VA Office of Academic Affiliations and Health Services Research & Development Service. The deadline for applications for Fall 2022 start is now open. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. We are happy to help you.